Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sup, Shamcey? Sa'yo Na Ang Korona!

So I was late for around 10ish minutes in the office today. I came in nervous not because of how I'd manage to enter the area with all the "why the hell are you late" speculations, but because...

MISS UNIVERSE nga pala this morning!

Well, apparently, hindi naman kasi talaga ako fan ng beauty pageants. Back when I was younger, I hated how these were sensationalized kasi nga medyo may pagka- radikal at kinda feminist pa'ko noon (hay, college). Plus ayoko ng idea na there's a lineup of women strutting their booties on the stage and then later on being questioned on how they'd manage to heal the world, help others, save the whales, etc... Tapos ayun magiging artista na, sisikat ng bongga sa Pinas and then mag-aappear na sa mga TV sitcoms, commercials, at sasayaw ng mga dance number sa variety shows.

Ngunit --- dahil some kind of becky pala ako, dahil nandito ako sa Singapore na nangungulila sa Pilipinas, dahil LAHAT ng ikaka- proud ko as a Pinay gets me giddy and affected, at dahil ayoko talagang mawala yung cultural sense ko (whoa. cultural sense, yo!), I, for some reason, felt the Miss Universe jitters! As in kinilabutan ako nung nakasama si Shamcey sa Top 5! To cut the story short, I was so active in Twitter and Facebook catching up on what was happening in the pageant. 

But more importantly, my interest was on how fellow kababayans reacted to every segment of the pageant. Here were some of what I've seen in Twitter:


1) "Tama na muna ang usapang kongresista, este, buwaya! Araw ito ni SHAMCEY SUPSUP!" @HecklerForever

2)  "Shamcey Supsup (@supsup_shamcey) makes it to the top 5 of #MissUniverse2011" @gmanews

3) "OMG Si Leila Lopez pala si Ms. angola. grabe di ko sha namukaan. ibang iba itsura nya sa Eh kasi Bata. #LALopez" @superstarmarian

4)  "ms.universe vs senate hearing.... sorry, senate hearing wins for me but good luck shamcey!" @luckymanzano

5)  "I think its a bad idea to drop by the salon and have my haircut. Baka ma chapter pag natalo si Supsup +.+" @kingdjlogan

6)  "RT Ms. Lea Salonga tells Ms. Angola. "Ms. Angola ka lang. Miss Saigon ako. *rotfl*" @kingdelrosario

7)  "Q: Will you change your religious beliefs for the man you love? A: No, but if our religious leaders keep being douchebags, I totally would." @mistervader

8)  "After Venus Raj, now Ms. Angola... Ayan mga pinay, tigilan na ang whitening creams, let's be proud of our skin. Di porke maputi, maganda na." @MissMyleneDizon


9) "@MsLeaSalonga Hey, thanks for representing us so elegantly out there. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas. #MissUniverse" @gangbadoy



So there you go! These were a few of the tweets I saw earlier nung kasagsagan pa ng Miss U mania. Yes, we didn't win the Miss Universe title, but hey, Shamcey Supsup placed third! Congratulations and mabuhay! She did great. Ang intense ng feeling kaninang umaga ha! Million- watt smile talaga not just Shamcey but everybody so let's not be bitter that she didn't win the big crown.

Oh, and Lea Salonga being one of the judges made me feel even prouder. It has been indeed a shining shimmering splendid whole new (universe) world today.

Now if I were to answer the ultimate question which Shamcey has answered well:

"Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love?"

My Answer: 

"No, I most definitely wouldn't. My faith is something personal which must not place a great deal on how I feel towards my life partner. My own perspectives deserve to be respected, in the same manner that I'd respect his principles on the concepts of religion and pure love. Changing my beliefs will not be to conform neither to compromise on someone else's, but rather to be based on the progressions of my faith to God. After all, there's only one Supreme Being regardless of how He's called."


With that, sorry Shamcey, akin pala ang korona! Nyahaha!!! :) I. Thank. You! Dati kaya akong Little Miss Philippines. Chos! :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment