Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Image # 06: Mt. Bromo!

No, I'm not going to put too much words on this one. Also, I won't dwell big time on my long hiatus to blogging since, clearly, I was way too busy and going online to write became even daunting. GUILTY. No further fancy stories, but pretty much, this year's been another crazy adventure for me. Few travels to UNESCO World Heritage sites and discovering food in the strangest places have simply been awesome, and damn straight, I need to check- in at every place on that list. 

One cool image though that I would like to share is from my Yogyakarta, Indonesia trip last July 2013 where I was just too in awe of the glorious Borobodur and the Prambanan. I love old temples and history, just as much as I enjoy churches with the eeriness and splendor combined. I also dig mountains and climbs, as much as I love the islands and the seas. But really, I am just too grateful that with such patience and accessibility, I was able to make a side- trip, but a 10 hour one at that (one way), to East Java from Jogja where I was able to hike up another volcano called Gunung Bromo.


Here's a photo I took of it from afar and there goes my
6th Happy Image! You could just imagine my delight at that time when I have witnessed its majesty from dawn while everything was dark and covered with fog, until its eventual disappearance as the sun rose, then unfolding the beauty of Mt. Bromo in the morning.




Oh, and of course- I climbed it and reached the crater with some smoke coming out of its mouth. Awesome! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment