Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Image # 03: Tioman

Pulau Tioman is a small island in Malaysia which can be reached very easily from Singapore. Oh, the word pulau stands for the word "island" in Bahasa Malaysia and Indonesia. 


The travel to Pulau Tioman is quite easy as long as you know of the schedules. We first took a bus in Kranji MRT Station and headed to Larkin Terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. From Larkin, there are buses and taxis directed towards Mersing of about two hours travel time. We waited for the first ferry trip from Mersing jetty port off to Tioman. The ferry schedule varies daily as it's based on the tide.

The accommodation I booked is located on a quiet part of the island called Nipah, which is actually what I really wanted since I'm the type of beach goer who hates seeing too many crowds and hearing very loud music while getting basked. 


It is also a diving site, and the land is surrounded by mountains and waterfalls. 

Here's my first Happy Image for this year, shot in the very relaxing and scenic island of Tioman.


Tioman Twin Peaks; Shot with a Canon SX40 HS


2 comments:

  1. very nice.

    I've always wanted to travel Asia.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am taking things one step at a time. Let's see where my itchy feet lead me. :)

    ReplyDelete