Total Pageviews

Friday, March 9, 2012

Shake It Out, Woman!

Draaat! I only came to notice this song two weeks ago when it was played in the last few scenes of the 17th episode of How I Met Your Mother Season 7. 


SPOILER Alert: So Robin moved out of Ted's apartment. Big changes for the friends, eh? Of course, one cannot live in the same premises with the person who broke his heart. 


Here's my February earworm, Shake It Out by the amazing Flo:


"And I am done with my graceless heart. So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart."



Right? Such an amazing and moving song about life, direction, and freedom. This is now on default. I've always loved Flo whose music's been a part of my "winning- the- dog- days" saga.


UPDATE AS OF 15 MARCH 2012: Katharine MacPhee's character, Karen Cartwright of the new TV broadway musical show (and currently my addiction) SMASH, performed this song in a bar mitzvah gig during its 6th episode. It was sooo good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment