Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

That Medieval Fantasy Sound of G.O.T.

My supposedly idle moments in bed during the past months were successfully spent in watching the Game of Thrones' first season which I downloaded. Whether it's from the raves about Peter Dinklage (film, tv, and theater actor who was born with some condition causing his dwarfism) winning in this year's Emmy's, or because I've always been in dire attempt to read A Song of Ice and Fire (its novels where the series is based from), I should say that there were some good reasons to get hooked on it. 


I'm really not into medieval fantasy storylines. Dun ako usually sa tipong Nikita, True Blood (urban fantasy naman 'to), Spartacus, and CSI. However, comedy shows are my breathers. Pang- feel good at pang- lighten up ng suspense- filled mood and imagination ko. 


During the course of watching the first season of GOT, I realized that the movement of the story in the TV series was slow. Parang, pagkatapos manood ng isang mahabang episode, I was like, "Ha? Tapos na? Anyare??!", and then I'd be playing the next one right away kasi nanggigigil na'ko malaman ang karugtong ng kuwento. 


Even if that's always been the case, I became one of those people waiting for the second season of the epic fantasy show to be released. I think it needed much action and that's what I've been waiting for. Kasi alam kong kahit mabagal siya, there's something astig pa rin to look forward to. Medyo mataas ang expectations ko sa upcoming seasons. Mas lalo na pala siguro kung nauna kong basahin ang mga libro bago panoorin 'to from its pilot. (Ganon? Kumi- critic? Hehe!)


Isa pa pala. I had a thing for its opening theme. Ang galing! Yung tipong ma- eexcite ka sa background music in every break while para mong ginu- google earth ang map ng Westeros. It's the fictional continent which is the setting of the series.


Map of Westeros


One of my friends posted the other day a link in Facebook where the young violinist Jayson Yang arranged an awesome acoustic and electric violin cover of the said opening music. Talagang goosebumps and rapid heart beat on the loose everytime I listen to that enhanced medieval fantasy sound. 


Winter is coming. Ramdam mo? Check out below and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment